Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Goals and plans

I had planned to not worry about art this year. To not push myself to create a product and try to sell anything.
That lasted about three months.
Bored, frustrated, and feeling like I am not contributing enough I've decided to once again venture out into my creativity and try create a viable venue for it.
I am hoping to build stock and sell my art at festivals in Oct and later. Steamcon, mourning market, burlycon. All in oct this year!!

I just received cuff link bases so I can include more accessories for guys in my product, which is very exciting! I have enough for 20 pairs of cuff links, the possibilities are swirling in my mind.

On top of cufflinks I have jewelry to make and hair pieces to construct.
In the mail I have some lovely pendant bases I can put my artwork in. The concept of including my watercolors in with ribbon and metal jewelry has me giddy. I see my concepts as Victorian inspired alternative treasures.
A majority of my ribbon comes from midori ribbon. Working with higher quality ribbon is much more forgiving (not on the pocket book!!) and I find its actually easier to put down when I'm interrupted by Finni's needs. Having more forgiving material to work with while simlutaniously juggling a 6 month old wiggle boy is a bonus. Its a main reason I've held off from painting with acrylics recently.
If your in Seattle midori ribbon has a once a month sale room that makes my mouth water.
Velvet, silk duponi, satin, french wired ribbon...all discounted on the first friday of the month. Its a beautiful day.

Once I get enough Product I'll be posting online as well. Paul has agreed to help me manage this end of it, creating a website as well as maintaining an etsy presence.

To be able to create an income I can generate from my creativity, and not have to leave my son in daycare to do it is very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment