Thursday, October 20, 2011

BurlyCon 2011

ITS HERE!!! Its the event I await every year as fervently as I used to await my birthday or christmas.

One entire weekend away from boyfriend, baby and house...Yes I will miss my darlings but I am really looking forward to learning, laughing and teaching surrounded by so much talent and experience.

This morning Paul laughed and said that BurlyCon was my hogworts...and I drooled over the idea.
Tassels, yoga pants, rhinestones, and living legends.

The folks who work countless hours to create this event are fabulous.
Last year was the only year I had missed and I have to say I was devastated. Huge, tired of being pregnant and extremely sad I spent most of the weekend crying. Over dramatic? No, not really.

This year as Paul promised I get to go, be in the hotel and steep in the gloriousness that will ensue.
I am teaching a victorian ribbon work class on friday, part of a panel about...Being a burlesque parent on sat. I am thrilled and cannot think of a better way to celebrate!

BurlyCon is a convention by burlesque performers, for burlesque performers.
To check it out:
www.burlycon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment