Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Alot of Thought

Until now I hadnt been able to talk about Burlycon 2011.
So much information to be absorbed and processed. I am now at a point where I can digest each item individually.

I took some wonderful classes, learned so much and was inspired. I realized what I needed to teach my ribbon work more effectively. At the Burlesque parenting panel I realized there are aspects to this I hadnt considered, and afterwards I was so homesick I had to come home for the night.

It was an amazing experience, non stop discussion. Classes on so many amazing topics, I didnt take half the classes i wanted to and yet I still feel overloaded with information.

Having a chance to come together with many from the community made me realize just where I was and what I needed to do to progress.

Watching the peer reviews was wonderful, I am trying to take the comments I had for the performers and apply them to my own acts. Learning in the round.

Coming home was wonderful though, I am no longer able to just go and be immersed and forget my outside life. My son was pretty much constantly on my mind. He is such a part of me that leaving him behind feels like leaving a limb behind. Regardless stepping away is important for me to recharge.


No comments:

Post a Comment