Sunday, November 21, 2010

Performing again

Last night was my first time performing again after Finnegan's birth. I spent the entire day before hand nervous and frustrated, realizing that non of my old costumes fit me any longer, and hating how different my body was.
I tore through my house looking for my favorite waist cincher corset...which by the way is the ONLY corset that still fits me.

A fellow performer and friend Miss Elaine Yes came over to watch Finnegan so my sweetie could come and watch/support me. She gave us a ride to the show with Finni strapped into a carseat, he started crying as I got out of the car. I have to say walking into the club and away from my crying baby was the second hardest thing i have ever done, short of the birth itself.

Getting ready in a cold hallway, mix up on music, great crowd. Its amazing what has left an impression. As much as I was excited to get back onto the stage and perform my two new pieces I was also dying to get back home to my baby.

Every costume piece down to my pasties was new, save my one corset. I am going to have to start building all new costumes and thus all new acts. Being brought back to square one is both frustrating and exciting. Wiping the slate clean and starting anew may give me the fresh wind I have been looking for.

I got fantastic applause, had fun and was able to leave after my last act to get home to my baby.
This is going to be an interesting adventure, one I am happy to be having. I think every performance will be easier after this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment